On 23rd March, Ted's Grooming Room stores closed their doors until further notice amid the covid-19 outbreak, to ensure the safety and security of our clients and teams.
Following a 14 week hiatus, the UK government has made the official decision for us to re-open on July 4th, which makes us really excited to see you all again!
However, whilst we are thrilled to welcome you back in our salons, we must inform you that upon re-opening our stores, a new set of health and safety measures and regulations would become the new normal for a little while:
APPOINTMENT ONLY SERVICES
- All 19 Ted's Grooming Room stores will be operating on an appointment basis, to make sure there isn't any queuing inside or near the premises. Appointments can be booked on our website (www.tedsgroomingroom.com/appointments), via our customer services helpline (0203 397 9966) or across our 19 grooming parlours. If you wish to make a walk-in visit to one of our stores, you would be asked to book an appointment on the spot, if there are availabilities you will be seen straight away. Alternatively, a suitable time will be reserved for a later time.
TED'S NEW BOOKING PROCEDURES
- Ted's Grooming Room salons will have a reduced team of barbers to comply with social distancing rules, therefore we advise you to book your appointment in advance to avoid any disappointment. Please make sure to attend your appointment alone as there will be no waiting seats available for the time being.
- Please attend at least 5 minutes prior to your appointment slot as any delays will have a knock-on effect to the following appointments. Late appointments (over 5 minutes) cannot be fulfilled or be subject to refund or change. If you are experiencing symptoms of any kind prior to your appointment, please contact us and we will reschedule your booking to the best of our ability (generally at least 14 days ahead).
- Waiting areas inside the stores would be reduced to a minimum, to comply with the new 1m+ social distancing guideline, therefore should you be coming to your appointment earlier that 10min prior to your booking, you will be asked to wait in line outside. Signage would be present in store for the safety of all clients and teams.
SANITISING AND TEMPERATURE TAKING
- Upon entering our premises, antibacterial gel will be made available together with a pair of disposable gloves (optional). Antibacterial hand wash will also be available on each cutting station to use at any time. Please refrain from only using bathrooms to wash hands, as this will generate unnecessary queuing. Instead, please ask you barber to wash your hands at the cutting station upon starting your treatment.
- Upon coming to our stores, you have to agree to have your temperature taken, to ensure it is within the threshold as advised by the Health and Safety Executive (37,9°c). This applies to staff and visitors, and any individual above this threshold would be asked to stay home or call the 111 coronavirus helpline for further guidance.
- Ted's Barbers are known to wash their hands over 30 times a day, and this will be increased given the times, therefore be reassured that hands will be washed prior and following your service. Barbers will also be wearing protective gloves and a combination of a visor and surgical face mask throughout each appointment for your safety and peace of mind. Face visors would also be sanitised regularly to eliminate any potential debris.
- All surfaces such as cutting stations, equipment and other high-touching points such as surfaces, card payment machines and barber chairs will be thoroughly sanitized with antibacterial/antiviral agents throughout the day and in-between each appointment. Barbering equipment such as scissors, combs, brushes and clippers to be sanitized with relevant disinfecting products (clippercide, barbicide…).
THE "NEW NORMAL"
- All of Ted's Grooming Room Barbers will be wearing face visors in store. The use of face coverings is encouraged inside the salons to protect yourself and your barber throughout your appointment. Should you not have a face mask to hand and would like one to wear throughout your appointment, face masks are to be available at no extra cost.
- You might see a change within our stores with the addition of glass dividers between each cutting station. This is to make sure the social distancing between each cutting station is kept to the advised 1m+ guidance. These would be present until it is deemed safe to remove therefore will be subject to further government guidelines.
- Ted’s will be a cashless business going forward accepting only contactless payments and card payments. Apple and Android Pay are also accepted within our stores. Please note, however, that the contactless limit is £45 whereas Android pay has a £100 limit and Apple pay is unlimited.
- Please refrain from attending appointments with friends and family (unless all parties are having a treatment) as waiting areas are to be limited due to social distancing regulations, and will be exclusive to clients awaiting their booking.
- Please adhere to social distancing rules whenever possible, by maintaining a 1m + distance. Signage would be present in each Ted’s Grooming Room location.
Stay safe, and welcome back!